Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Question to Readers: Habitual Obsession?


It seems to me that in order to become an expert at something one must have a single minded focus. From an every day perspective this would be considered an obsession. In order to become and expert one must become obsessed. 

Creating or fostering this kind of obsession takes work, particularly when faced with lulls in enthusiasm and frustration with the work at hand. I do several things to keep myself focused such as listening to audio books on philosophy while working or taping into that early exitment about philosophy by talking to the occasional interested non-philosopher.

My question to you is what sort of habits or methods have you adopted to keep yourself out of lulls and dedicated to your project? How do you make yourself obsessed?

I would appreciate any feedback,

Thanks,

William Parkhurst

No comments:

Post a Comment