Saturday, May 21, 2011

Giving students Extra Credit

Three reasons for not giving extra credit from ISW:

With a few weeks left in the term, I'm getting lots of requests from students for extra credit assignments. Typically, this is motivated either by their having done poorly on previous tests and assignments, or in some cases, not having done them at all. Students are hoping I'll provide an assignment or task to help them augment their grades in my courses.

I have a simple policy concerning such requests: No (for reasons outlined below the break).

Full article HERE
-------------------
Join PhilosoraptErs on Twitter or Facebook to get your daily dose of professional preparation!

Help me keep your fellow philosophers informed!

You can email Suggestions, Questions, and Links to PhilosraptErs@gmail.com


Join me on Twitter or Facebook for updates. Please email suggestions, links and questions to PhilosoraptErs@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment