Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Video: Changing Education Paradigms

I'm not sure about the conclusions or the implications of this but it seems to contain the seeds of a very interesting conversation about the purpose of education, practicality, and social evolution. 

Simply put our educational system is out of date and we are not capitalizing on some of our most important capacities. 

I personally feel that "divergent thinking", while essential to philosophy, is not encouraged enough.  For myself, once an essay topic/problem is identified for a class  I run through at least thirty arguments that actually reach paper. After that I hone one of them.  If what this video implies was implemented would you have better ideas or just more? What do you think?



-------------------
Join PhilosoraptErs on Twitter or Facebook to get your daily dose of professional preparation!

Help me keep your fellow philosophers informed!

You can email Suggestions, Questions, and Links to PhilosraptErs@gmail.com

Join me on Twitter or Facebook for updates. Please email suggestions, links and questions to PhilosoraptErs@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment