Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Passing as a Philosopher

" Professor Dotson's post touches on an underestimated problem in academic philosophy: the professional pressure to pass as mainstream philosophers " More HERE

I find this particularly interesting because as a Masters student looking to go onto a PhD, there is extreme pressure to conform ones work to what will look good as a PhD application. I have felt stifled at some point. Some of my research I feel would limit my chances of getting in if I were to try an publish it. At this point I'm just trying to get minor scholarly publications rather than things I feel very passionate about. Any thoughts? 

Join me on Twitter or Facebook for updates. Please email suggestions, links and questions to PhilosoraptErs@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment